Jan 19, 2020
Director: Dr. Tim Shedd, Associate Professor
The Division of Graduate Studies coordinates and manages all aspects of the University’s graduate programs from admissions decisions to final thesis approval. The Division collaborates and coordinates with academic departments to identify, develop, and implement degree program offerings, new program tracks and courses.
The Division of Graduate Studies crosses all disciplinary boundaries to support the quality, consistency, development, and delivery of master’s-level degree programs designed to enlarge upon the foundational skills found in prepartory bachelor’s programs and advance study into cutting-edge research and development fields.
Florida Poly offers two master’s degree each with multiple program tracks with either thesis or project options for rounding out the plan of study.
The Master of Science in Computer Science includes in-depth study in two broad program areas:
- Computer Science
- Analytics, including Logistics Analytics and Big Data Analytics
The Master of Science in Engineering includes program tracks in the following areas:
- Electronic, Communication, and Control Systems
Admission decisions are based on consideration of the applicant’s academic records, letter of interest, resume and letters of recommendation. The following are the admissions requirements:
- A bachelor degree in Engineering or a closely related discipline from a regionally accredited university
- A minimum GPA of 2.7 in the last 60-semester credits attempted
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is required for applicants with GPA less than 3.25. The GRE may be waived by the Graduate Student Advisor for applicants with a GPA of 3.25 or higher
- A letter of interest
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Completion of 30 credits of approved graduate courses with a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Meeting any deficiencies identified by the Graduate Student Advisor.
- Compliance with all other university graduation requirements.