Jul 17, 2019
Total Degree Credits: 30
The Master of Science in Computer Science degree features two (2) majors:
- Computer Science; and,
- Logistics Analytics track, or
- Big Data Analytics track
Students engage in graduate research utilizing state-of-the-art experimental and/or computational research facilities under close faculty supervision in Computer Science, Logistics-Analytics, or Big Data Analytics.
Upon completion of the Master of Science in Computer Science Degree, students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of design IT principles in a defined industry problem.
- Conduct research and apply knowledge based on these research skills.
- Apply knowledge of managerial skills to coordinate and execute an industry project.
- Demonstrate understanding of applied analysis of user requirements, research skills, managerial skills and IT based knowledge.
- Analyze and properly use current computing techniques, methods and theories in an industry scenario.
Students in the computer science major write a thesis. A project option is available only for those special cases that may require it.
Plan of Study for Computer Science (30)
Computer Science Program Electives
Students may choose from these or from the Analytics Program Electives per Advisor's permission.
Thesis or Project Option
Students select a two-part Thesis option for 6 credits or a one-part Project option for three credits. In either case, the total number of program credits to be earned is 30.
Track: Big Data Analytics courses
Track: Logistics Analytics courses
Plan of Study for Big Data Analytics (30)
Plan of Study for Logistics Analytics (30)
Analytics Program Electives
Students may choose from these or from the Computer Science Program Electives per Advisor's permission.