Total Degree Credits: 30
The Master of Science in Engineering degree features (5) tracks and two pathways to completion.
See Degree Program Tracks & Pathways
- Traditional Pathway - 2 years or 4 four semesters
- Accelerated Pathway - coursework only; 10 months (engineering management and mechanical engineering only)
The Master’s in Engineering is designed to provide flexibility within a consistent and coherent curricular framework to meet the needs of a range of different engineers, whether continuing on from undergraduate or returning to school to advance their career. Each track contains core coursework in the named discipline with exposure to other areas as well. This ensures both depth and provides a well-rounded approach that enables students to apply their learning to whatever their personal or career goals may be. Students have different options for completing the program, whether it is through a traditional research thesis, an applied project, or a coursework only option where research and application are embedded within the curriculum.
Regardless of the track or pathway, all graduates from Florida Poly’s master’s of engineering will be well-positioned for ongoing graduate work, career advancement, or even, potentially, entrepreneurial success.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Master of Science in Engineering degree, students are expected to demonstrate the following:
- an ability to acquire and apply knowledge using appropriate, discipline-based learning strategies drawn from relevant research
- an ability to develop methodology of the proposed body of research that produces solutions and further inquiry;
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems of single or multidisciplinary nature by applying principles of engineering, science, mathematics, and analytics; and
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation with a systematic approach, analyze and interpret data, and use foundations of engineering to draw conclusions.