Total Degree Credits: 30
The Master of Science in Computer Science degree features two (2) tracks:
Computer Science Track
Completing the Computer Science Track will prepare you to design and analyze algorithms to solve problems and study the performance of computer hardware and software. In addition, it will give you a strong foundation as you encounter a range of problems, such as determining what problems can be solved with computers and the complexity of the algorithms that solve them to designing applications that perform well on handheld devices, that are easy to use, and that uphold security measures.
Data Science Track
Completing the Data Science track will help you to identify and formulate key business challenges, collect and manage data from a variety of sources, select effective analytical techniques to identify solutions, and communicate results in a clear and creative way, harnessing the power of data in decision making. Data scientists are in high demand in a wide range of industries, including information technology, finance, healthcare, insurance, energy, transportation, manufacturing, telecommunications and more.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Master of Science in Computer Science Degree, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery in analyzing complex problems and applying knowledge of computer and/or data science to formulate solutions.
- Communicate computer and/or data science information clearly and effectively through presentations and technical writings to both expert and non-expert audiences.
- Demonstrate critical evaluation of recent research literature.
- Identify a novel relevant research problem in a chosen computer and/or data science research field, perform the literature survey for the problem, create a plan to solve the problem, carry on the plan, and defend the research.
- Recognize appropriate practices in the different fields of computer science and their ethical implications.