Jan 25, 2022
Total Degree Credits: 120
The Computer Science program is a high-quality program focused on education and research. The program is a STEM education based program that yields highly skilled graduates who have strong knowlege in the fundamentals of Computer Science and who are able to apply that knowledge to design and implement solutions for arising problems. The program prepares students for clear and concises communication when working in a team environment and for careers in industry, government, and academia.
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
Updated, March 2019
- Graduates demonstrate growth in professional development through graduate study or professional training.
- Graduates demonstrate effective team work as members and leaders in professional environments.
- Graduates demonstrate employability in industry, government, and entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
**Course offering frequency subject to change**
College Skills (1) & Co-Curricular
All majors are required to complete an approved internship/professional experience prior to graduation.
General Education (37)
Click here to view the complete list of General Education offerings. The State of Florida requires a minimum of 36 credit hours of general education for the baccalaureate degree. The following are required for the B.S. in Computer Science.
Advanced Math and Science (10)
Computer Science Core (48)
Capstone Design Sequence (6)
Students choose 12 credits from one concentration area.
Select 12 credits from Big Data Analytics, Game Development & Simulation, Information Assurance & Cyber-Security, Software Engineering, Autonomous Systems, or Computer Science Electives courses.
Game Development & Simulation
All Game Development and Simulation students take these courses.
Information Assurance and Cyber Security
All Information Assurance and Cyber Security students take these courses.
Computer Science Electives (6)