Total Degree Credits: 30
The Master of Science in Computer Science degree features two (2) tracks:
- Computer Science
- Data Science
Computer Science Track
Completing the Computer Science Track will prepare you to design and analyze algorithms to solve problems and study the performance of computer hardware and software. In addition, it will give you a strong foundation as you encounter a range of problems, such as determining what problems can be solved with computers and the complexity of the algorithms that solve them to designing applications that perform well on handheld devices, that are easy to use, and that uphold security measures.
Data Science Track
Completing the Data Science track will help you to identify and formulate key business challenges, collect and manage data from a variety of sources, select effective analytical techniques to identify solutions, and communicate results in a clear and creative way, harnessing the power of data in decision making. Data scientists are in high demand in a wide range of industries, including information technology, finance, healthcare, insurance, energy, transportation, manufacturing, telecommunications and more.
Upon completion of the Master of Science in Computer Science Degree, students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of design IT principles in a defined industry problem.
- Conduct research and apply knowledge based on these research skills.
- Apply knowledge of managerial skills to coordinate and execute an industry project.
- Demonstrate understanding of applied analysis of user requirements, research skills, managerial skills and IT based knowledge.
- Analyze and properly use current computing techniques, methods and theories in an industry scenario.
**Course offering frequency subject to change**