Dec 10, 2023  
2021-2022 International Student Handbook 
2021-2022 International Student Handbook [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

ISS Forms and Resources

Whether a new or current student or a recent graduate, ISS has compiled a list of forms and resources, you may need during your time as an international student studying in the US. Please email ISS for assistance if you cannot locate the forms or the help you are looking for ISS for assistance. 

Why must I use a form to complete specific processes or requests?

At Florida Poly, there are times when managing your academic records requires interactions from the ISS, Registrar’s Office, Academic/Faculty Advisers, Department Chair, Academic Affairs,  or other applicable department (s) at Florida Poly.

Additionally, the university must comply with immigration regulations and record-keeping compliance. To facilitate these interactions, forms help ensure policies are understood, approvals are received, expectations are met, and documentation is recorded.

Why are signatures required before forms can be processed?

A signature can represent that approval was given for a transaction to occur at face value;  Still, a signature means that a conversation took place and two or more parties reached an understanding. Suppose a form requires a signature from a specific person or department. In that case, a meaningful conversation must occur before action is taken to comply with immigration regulations for international students. 

Can I use a digital (electronic) signature? 

Most Florida Poly (and ISS) forms are set up for digital signatures (if you choose to sign them digitally). 

However, some ISS forms may require a physical signature from the student (i.e., Form I-20) due to immigration regulations. If a physical signature is required, it will be noted, and the form will not be formatted to accept a digital signature from the student. 

If you are interested in using your digital signature on forms at Florida Poly and do not have one already set up, please view this document for assistance. 

Note: Forms are listed alphabetically under each category.

 New F-1 Students

 F-1 Transfer Students

 J-1 Students

 On-Campus Employment

 Social Security Number (SSN)

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

 Optional Practical Training (OPT)




 Current F-1 Students

 Other Nonimmigrant Visa (NIV) Students

 Immigration Regulation Resources

 ​ISS Glossary

University Resources